Private Painting Lessons
Learn the skills to create your masterpiece
Paul Jennis' private painting lessons are weekly and scheduled in one hour increments. They are scheduled for one year at a time or coincide with the school year. The investment is $55 per hour per student.
The students who take Paul's oil painting lessons are a diverse mix:
- Age 10 to adult (seniors)
- Advanced career oriented or college bound students
During his painting instruction, he deals with black and white mediums to teach values, contour of objects, positive and negative shapes, mass drawings and many other ways to go about rendering objects.
Subject matter includes all major parts of the human anatomy, landscapes, seascapes, animals, still life, portraiture, etc. Paul also teaches how to make color oil paintings of animals, horses, portraits, still life, along with color theory.
Most importantly, he focuses on how to learn the technical skills of drawing and painting to make ones imagination come to life in color or black and white.
Paul also customizes lessons to ones own needs.
For your reference, his educational background includes:
- School of Visual Arts in NYC
- Rhode Island School of Design
- Art Students League in NYC
- BFA and graduate studies from Syracuse University. Awarded number one illustrator in the class.